A little social interaction goes a long way for kids and parents alike. If you’re looking to make connections with other parents and introduce your preschooler to their peers, these Oshkosh playgroups, storytime events, and mom groups are worth a look.
Oshkosh Public Library
- OPL’s in-person Family Story Time is geared towards preschool-aged children and offers stories, rhymes, songs and literacy-building adventures. Encourage your child to follow the clues during the program and guess what’s in the Mystery Box at the end.
- Stories and Stretches offers storytime and gentle movements for kids and their grownups. Geared towards ages 4 and up, this program helps exercise your brain and body at the same time. Bring your own mat or borrow one of ours.
- Not ready to mingle with the public yet? OPL offers Zoom Story Time every Monday at 9:30 a.m.
Register online to receive the Zoom link.
Oshkosh Public Library, 106 Washington Avenue, Oshkosh, WI
Omro Public Library
- Tot Time Drop-in Playtime is a free play opportunity for children 6 and under and their caregivers. Books, toys, puzzles and more are available for kids (coffee and conversation for their adults too!). Check the library’s event calendar for this month’s Tot Time dates and times.
- If you have a LEGO-obsessed child at home, you might want to check out the library’s LEGO Club! LEGO Club is a free drop-in event for ages 5 and up. Check the library’s event calendar for this month’s LEGO Club dates and times.
Omro Public Library, 405 East Huron Street. Omro, WI
The YMCA located on 20th Avenue offers the ever-popular Wiggles & Giggles program. This drop-in play event is free for Oshkosh YMCA members. The Fall program kicked off in September. Find the events on our calendar.
YMCA 20th Ave., 3303 W. 20th Avenue, Oshkosh, WI
MOPS is a faith-based organization that offers support and encouragement to mothers and their children through playdate meetings, digital events and more. Visit their website to learn more about the organization. The Oshkosh MOPS group meets the second Friday of each month at All Saints Lutheran Church.
MOPS, All Saints Lutheran Church, 1072 Honey Creek Road, Oshkosh, WI
Does your child treat your home like a jungle gym? Give them space to really tumble! Precision Athletics offers open gym sessions so your child can really get their wiggles out. Open Gym is $10 per child for two hours of energy-depleting tumbling and play. Visit their website for dates and to pre-register.
Precision Athletics, 2080 West 20th Avenue, Oshkosh, WI
Family Services is a non-profit, human services agency offering more than 35 programs that support people in Northeast Wisconsin during challenges and transitions in their lives. This organization offers various services and events throughout the year, many of which focus on families with children. Visit their website for upcoming events.
Family Services, 36 Broad Street Suite 150, Oshkosh, WI
(920) 233-6630 ext. 105