There are so many ways to explore and experience all that Oshkosh has to offer. We have put together a collection of activities for families to refer to when the all-too-familiar question of, “What should we do?” inevitably comes up!
Winter Things to Do in Oshkosh
- Lace-up and take a spin on ice skates with Dr. Eric’s Skate Club at Millers Bay.
- Create a tradition of visiting, Nutcracker in the Castle at the Paine Art Center.
- Celebrate the season of lights, by taking a ride or walking through the Celebration of Lights at Menominee Park.
- Sip on hot cocoa in the warmth of the River Domes at Fox River Brewing Company.
Spring Things to Do in Oshkosh
- Test your family problem-solving skills at the Escape Room Oshkosh.
- Soak up the first signs of Spring—take a family day-date biking the Wiouwash Trail.
- Explore more of Oshkosh’s waterfront walking along Riverwalk.
- See the season in bloom in the gardens of the Paine Art Center.
Summer Things to Do in Oshkosh
- Change of pace. Join a Slow Roll event (or two) biking around our remarkable city.
- Enjoy the lake life. Jump on a catamaran sailboat for a beginner lesson through International Youth Sailing of Oshkosh at Menominee Park.
- Stroll through Downtown Farmers Market and pick up fixings for a summer picnic, add a fresh bouquet of flowers for Mom.
- Break from traditional restaurants and visit both of Oshkosh’s iconic car-hop establishments, Leon’s Frozen Custard and Ardy & Ed’s Drive-In.
- Cool off at Pollock Community Waterpark.
- Visit Oshkosh’s free zoo at Menominee Park and Zoo and make sure to also take a train ride!
- Mini golf at Settlers Mill.
- Go fishing at Rainbow Park on the Fox River.
Fall Things to Do in Oshkosh
- Take a hike at the Terrell’s Island area and take in the crisp fall colors and air.
- Savor what the season has to offer. Pick a peck or bushel at Rasmussen’s Orchard.
- Cheer on the Wisconsin Herd basketball team at our very own Oshkosh Arena!
- See the changing of the seasons walking through the Sawyer Creek Nature Preserve.
All Season Things to Do in Oshkosh
- Catch a sun (or full moon) rise from Ames Point in Menominee Park.
- Tour the EAA Aviation Museum to get up close and familiar with all things Oshkosh – be sure to check out the KidVenture exhibit!
- Delve into the History of our city, see traveling exhibits, and a kid-favorite, the Apostles Clock, all year round at the Oshkosh Public Museum.
- Paint pottery at the Fire Escape.
- Rock climb at the Oshkosh 20th YMCA.
- Learn more about snakes and venom extracting at MToxins Venom Lab.
- Explore at the Oshkosh Public Library.
- Take a selfie in front of a mural.