On our latest episode of Let’s Talk, Amanda Chavez and Karlene Grabner are joined by Dr. Michelle Wihlm of Wihlm Dental and Jenna Linden from Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin to talk about dental health. As new teeth start to pop through our babies’ mouths, new questions start to pop into our heads. How do we take care of these little baby teeth? What if they grow into toddlers that hate having those teeth brushed—can we make it fun? When do we take them to the dentist? How will their dental health affect their overall health?
About our Guests
Dr. Michelle Wihlm
Dr. Michelle Wihlm was born in Oshkosh and graduated from Lourdes High School in 1999. She continued her education at Winona State University and Marquette University School of Dentistry. She returned to Oshkosh to pursue her career and established Wihlm Dentistry in 2008. Dr. Wihlm welcomed three daughters through adoption with her husband, Tony. Dr. Wihlm is an active Kiwanis member and volunteers on the Tri-County Dental Bus.
Jenna Linden, RDH, CDHC
Project Leader, Oral Health
Jenna is a dental hygienist and serves as the program leader for the oral health initiative at the Children’s Health Alliance of Wisconsin. She’s passionate about improving children’s dental health to help them reach their full potential. Over the past 14 years, Jenna has worked in public health implementing creative approaches to increase access to dental care and decrease oral health inequities. Jenna enjoys being outdoors, reading, traveling, cheering on the Cubs, and going on adventures with her four sons- Lucas, Ellis, Cal, and Jack, and her husband Peter.
Episode at a Glance
- 04:16 – 06:20: Caring for Babies’ Oral Health
- 06:40 – 09:52: Pacifiers
- 09:56 – 14-29: Sugar & Older Children’s dental health
- 14:29 – 16:53: Oral health and whole Body Health
- 16:53 – 19:02: Toothpaste & Oral Rinses for Sensory Considerations
- 19:14 – 22:40: Orthodontists & Dental Visits
- 23:22 – 29:40: Dental Anxiety, Wisdom Teeth & Oral Genetics
In our next episode, we’ll be talking about parenting, financial literacy, and Raising Kids with Love and Logic with our guests Jen DiMatteo and Cassandra Doran.
Support our Podcasts: Let’s Talk!
- Tell your friends!
- Share Let’s Talk on social media
- Have an idea? Want to be on an upcoming parent panel? Are a business that supports families, you can help bring these important conversations to area families by sponsoring episodes of Let’s Talk! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org