One of Oshkosh’s most-anticipated community holiday traditions is right around the corner! Celebration of Lights, held annually at beautiful Menominee Park along Lake Winnebago in Oshkosh, kicks off its beloved holiday light display season on Friday, November 25th. Every year, over 16,000 vehicles drive through the park to enjoy the nearly 1 million lights that illuminate the park grounds. The Oshkosh Celebration of Lights is truly a community event, from generous local sponsors who make the free community nights at the lights a reality to nightly collecting of non-perishable food items for local organizations that help hungry families in the area. In fact, in the past 20 years, over 110 tons of food have been donated through collaboration with the Salvation Army.
Don’t want to brave the cold weather? You can enjoy this dazzling spectacular right from the coziness of your vehicle! Plan to navigate the mile-long display of beautiful lights by car, wave to Santa, drop off your Santa letter, and enjoy the redesigned digital show at the end. Tune into either Oshkosh Media (101.9 FM) or WRST (90.3 FM), depending on the night to enjoy the holiday musical accompaniment.
Ready to head out for your family adventure at the lights? Here’s everything you’ll need to know:
Oshkosh Celebration of Lights
- Location: Menominee Park in Oshkosh
- 520 Pratt Trail, Oshkosh
- When: November 25th- December 31st, 2022
- Hours: 5:30 – 9:00 pm daily
- Admission: General Admission per carload is $20.00 with $5.00 off with donation of a sealed hygiene item (shampoo, deodorant, soap, etc.) or non-perishable in-date food items appreciated.
- 2022 Community Nights: FREE admission. A donation of a sealed hygiene item (shampoo, deodorant, soap, etc.) or non-perishable in-date food items appreciated.
- Monday, November 28, 2022
- Friday, December 2, 2022
- Tuesday, December 6, 2022
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022
- Friday, December 16, 2022
- Tuesday, December 20, 2022
- Christmas Day: Sunday, December 25, 2022 (note: no Santa tonight)
- Wednesday, December 28, 2022
- Santa: Visiting Santa is FREE and included with admission! Santa’s Workshop is a drive-up, non-contact environment for socially distant visits from November 25 – December 23, 2022, from 5:30 – 8:30 pm. Christmas Eve, he will be out with his reindeer to deliver presents.
- Letter to Santa: Be sure to visit the Celebration of Lights website to print out your Letter to Santa for your child to fill out and drop off once there!
- Carriage Rides: Prior reservation and payment is needed to secure and enjoy a carriage ride through the light display. The cost is $15.00 for adults and $10.00 for children ages 4-18 (children 4 and under free on a lap). The Horse Pulled Wagon Rides hold 18 people. Reservations can be made by calling 920-303-9200 or email a request for reservations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2022 Special Nights: see website for complete details
- Saturday, November 26, 2022: Dedication Night to Ella Schiek
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022: Senior Citizens Night
- Friday, December 2, 2022: Toys for Tots Night
- Saturday, December 3, 2022: 20th Annual Race for the Light 5K FUNdrasier to benefit Christine Ann Center
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022: Veterans Appreciation Night
- Saturday, December 10, 2022: Oshkosh Area Humane Society Night
- Wednesday, December 21, 2022: Golden Years Night (55+)
- Friday, December 30, 2022: Night of the Torches
- Special Features at the Lights:
- 100 foot tree
- animated light displays
- sculptured displays
- Santa’s Workshop
- Elves’ Hideout with children’s activities
- Light Show synchronized to music at the end of the route
- Gift Shop (with its own entrance this year)
- Are you looking for ways for your family to support our community this holiday season? You can do just that at the Celebration of Lights! Check out their website for opportunities to volunteer, become a sponsor, or just bring along a non-perishable food item when you make your visit to this time-honored Oshkosh community event.
Nearby Spots for Hot Cocoa, Coffee & Bakery Treats
- Caramel Crisp & Cafe, 200 City Center D, Oshkosh
- Swing by to enjoy a cup of hot soup (a new soup each day!), an array of delicious cookies, or some gourmet popcorn before you visit the lights!
- Planet Perk Coffee Houses
- Planet Perk at City Center, 100 Suite C City Center, Oshkosh
- Planet Perk In the Grind, 240 Algoma Blvd, Suite 101B, Oshkosh
- Warm up with a coffee and hot cocoa for the kids! They also offer some delicious bakery, soups, and sandwiches.
For More Information:
Oshkosh Celebration of Lights, Menominee Park, 520 Pratt Trail, Oshkosh, Wisconsin